Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dr. Kraken of the Institute for Sea Monkey Studies

The Institute for Sea Monkey Studies is located in an abandoned celluloid mine nearly a mile beneath Reno, Nevada. Dr. Kraken is the head and sole researcher at the institute, and has in fact toiled away in near-isolation for the better part of thirty years.

"I should have retired ten years ago," says the good doctor, "but I stay on. Do I ever get tired of it, peering through a microscope day after day, watching my little sea monkeys? Not at all, not at all. In fact, I'm always excited to fire up my microscope in the morning and say hello to my little friends. That's how I think of them . . . my . . . little . . . friends."

"Okay, maybe I should get out more, but I enjoy my job. It's good work, important work, and I feel I am one of the happiest men on earth, or under it, as the case may be."
Thank you Dr. Kraken.

No comments: